Resources

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Joy amidst the Mourning

Have you ever noticed how life turns you around, spins you upside down, throws you up and then dumps you on the ground? And in those moments of concern, grief, and anxiety - you find yourself occasionally smiling, or laughing out loud, or possibly having a downright belly-aching, heartfelt guffaw! Makes me think of roller coasters!

Personally, I love roller coasters. Ones that take me higher in the air and faster than I would even dare to dream about going on my own. I like the feeling of not being in control, I like knowing I'm not alone on my wild ride, and I like knowing someone else is in control.

This is the way life has been for me - for us - our family. In the midst of celebrating Stephanie's wedding, we cried and remembered Matthew's absence in our celebrations. But we found ways for each of us to celebrate his presence in our hearts and in our lives, because he truly is with us everyday. Not a day goes by where we don't think about him and miss his smile or quiet presence. Yet, I am so grateful to have my memories of Matthew and to be able to celebrate the milestones and wonderful moments we are given in life today.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow!
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." - Jeremiah 29:11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment