Resources

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hear You Want a Resolution!

You say you want a resolution
Well, you know
We all want to change our world
Talk to me of transformation
Well, you know
We all want to change our world …


I’ve been thinking a lot about what my New Year’s resolution will be this year. Usually, I avoid making resolutions until November so I have a better chance of being successful at keeping them, but this year I have been convicted to make some changes sooner. So, here goes … let me know what you think and help me remain accountable by checking on me to see if I am keeping my resolutions throughout the year!

My Resolutions for 2010:

1. I will give away a piece of me this year by reaching out to people who need a friend or words of encouragement or just a simple hello. Since I have a love of writing and desire to be in relationship with others, I will pursue this resolution by developing the Flat Jesus Project. This project will be designed to help others exchange words of encouragement and network (webpage) with others through the exchange of cards and letters, as well as books and … (and I will seek help from the greater social community to accomplish this.) – I will keep you posted as this is developed.
2. I will be a better steward of what I have and what I need by using what I already possess. Sometimes this will mean giving away what I possess so that others can make better use of it than I would. It also will mean using the knowledge, contacts, intelligence and God-given resources that I have.
3. I will increase my trust in God for my provisions by resisting the urge to add material things to my household. When I see pretty paper for scrapbooking that I just must buy – I will buy a book for a needy child or make a donation to a literacy center or find some way to give back instead of hoarding. This goes for shoes (did I really just say that?!?), clothes, household items and even food!
4. I will spend my time in study of scripture not just for work and supporting others, but so that I may also grow in my personal relationship with God.
5. I will take care of myself and become healthier – my body, mind & spirit. This may be lived out by taking one week this year to just relax and enjoy time with my husband, getting into a fitness routine, or reading a book for pleasure!
6. Finally, I will allow myself to use this YEAR to accomplish these resolutions – not just the first week of January – and if I am not successful one day, I will accept that failure only comes from not trying a second, third, twentieth or even a 364th time!

Okay, so these are my resolutions for transformation, what are yours? How can I improve mine? Would love to hear from you!

Blessings ~

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. ~ Romans 12: 1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment