Resources

Friday, December 18, 2009

Letting Go

“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not let them be afraid.” – John 14:27


Chaos would be a great way to describe my everyday living over the past few months. Chaos is definitely the “anti-peace.” It’s a little bit like fighting gravity. Have you ever felt like this? Felt like you were living just to get from moment to moment? This may be exactly where God wants us to be …this is where we find Him. Chaos is where He can do amazing things. When we have no control & the only solution comes through Him. It is where Prayer becomes “Help me survive today!” For me…. This is where God forced me to slow down and realize how much He loves me and how the Body of Christ represented that to me. This is when peace came.

Peace is defined as a state of tranquility or quiet, but also as freedom from disquieting or oppressive thoughts or emotions. (Webster.com) Our thoughts are where the enemy tries to get us; where some of the toughest battles are fought, but where God wants to be forefront…to give us tranquility and peace.

“I’m letting go of the life I planned for me and my dreams. I’m losing control of my destiny. It feels like I’m falling and that’s what it’s like to believe, so I’m letting go” ~Battistelli, et al

Lord, Please provide me with Your peace that surpasses understanding today. Guard my mind from chaos and keep me in your perfect peace.

~ Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment