Resources

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Busy! Busy! ... Busy?

Found these quotes that describe my life at the moment. Can you relate?

“Beware the barrenness of a busy life.” - Socrates ... and ...

“He who is too busy doing good finds no time to be good.” - Rabindranath Tagore


Then I began to think that maybe that wasn't what I was about, but more about how important the work I have been doing is. Then, I came across these quotes.

“If you're a preacher, you talk for a living, so even if you don't make sense, you learn to make nonsense eloquently.” - Andrew Young ...and...

“Preaching is effective as long as the preacher expects something to happen-not because of the sermon, not even because of the preacher, but because of God.” - John E. Hines


Those started me thinking again. I began to ask myself a few questions. I had to ask, aren't I working all these hours so God can say something to the people He has called me to serve? Do I trust Him enough to listen to what he says to me? Is what I am called to do what my life is for? Do I need to find a balance between what I do - my work, and who I am - my life?

“Among the works of man, which human life is rightly employed in perfecting, the first in importance surely is man himself” - John Stuart Mill ...and...

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving." - Albert Einstein


In the midst of all the busy, I found my answers - to life, to purpose, to who I am. Praise God!

"He answered, ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.’" ~ Luke 10:27

No comments:

Post a Comment