Resources

Sunday, August 30, 2009

A need for prayer

"God only requires of his adult children, that their hearts be truly purified, and that they offer him continually the wishes and vows that naturally spring from perfect love. For these desires, being the genuine fruits of love, are the most perfect prayers that can spring from it." ~[from "A Plain Account of Christian Perfection by John Wesley (1703-1791)]

Prayer for forgiveness:
Have mercy on me, O God, according to your steadfast goodness; in your abundant mercy blot out my offences. Wash me thoroughly from my sin. For I acknowledge my rebelliousness, And my sin is always before me. Against you only have I sinned, And done what is evil in your eyes. Purge me with hyssop and I shall be whiter than snow. Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. ~ Psalm 51

No comments:

Post a Comment