Resources

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Aiming for perfection

Writing for an upcoming Emmaus talk I found this quote: "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." ~ Les Brown As I read it, I remembered another reading from Rob Bell in his book "Velvet Elvis". Rob said something like this: the truth of God can be found everywhere.

I recently had a birthday that some would think made me over-the-hill but I have realized that we are only as old as our dreams will allow us to be. God desires to have us sanctified, perfected and made holy. So, let's persevere, keep dreaming, and aim for the perfection God desires for each of us.

Sanctification: definition
# to make holy; specif.,

1. to set apart as holy; consecrate
2. to make free from sin; purify

# to make binding or inviolable by a religious sanction
# to make productive of spiritual blessing
# to make seem morally right or binding

"Aim for perfection, listen to my appeal, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you." 2 Corinthians 13:11

www.lesbrown.com and www.robbell.com

No comments:

Post a Comment